Top 10 Social Media Sites to Consider for Your Brand
Starting a new business is never an easy task – it involves strategy, creativity, dedication, and marketing skills. Which is why we’ve created a fact checked list of Top 10 social media sites for your new starting brand. Let’s dive in!
Top 10 Social Media Sites
- Facebook has about 2.23 billion monthly active users and is considered to easily be the biggest social media site around the world. Getting started on Facebook is pretty straightforward — text, images, videos, live videos, stories; and its algorithm prioritizes mostly on content that sparks conversations and meaningful interactions between people, especially family and friends.
- Youtube has about 1.9 billion monthly active users. It is a video- sharing platform where users watch a billion hour of videos every day! Get your brand started on Youtube by uploading creative and entertaining videos for your subscribers to view, like, comment, and share; as well as advertising on Youtube to increase your reach of audience.
- WhatsApp has about 1.5 billion monthly active users. That’s right, WhatsApp! Surprisingly, this messaging app has been building out a business platform to allow businesses to have a proper profile to provide customer support and share updates with customers about their purchases.
- Instagram has about 1 billion monthly active users. Of course, it’s the go- to social media site to start a new brand. Instagram provides one- on- one interactions with audiences including Live Stories, IGTV, Reels, Shop, as well as the numerous opportunities to be creative with content.
- Tik Tok has about 500 million monthly active users. This rising network is the world’s most downloaded app, beating Facebook, Instagram, and many other social media apps. So starting a Tik Tok account for your new brand is probably a great idea, but keep in mind that the more creative and exciting your videos are, the more views, comments, and shares you will receive! So do your research and hop on all those TikTok trends!
- Twitter has about 335 million monthly active users. Twitter emphasizes strongly on real- time information, it is a site for news, entertainment, sports, and politics. With only 280 characters to tweet, Twitter makes advertising very personal and concise.
- Reddit has about 330 million monthly active users. This is an app, also known as the front page of the Internet, to submit questions, links, images, discuss them, and vote up or down. There are also dedicated forums called subreddits, where they can be utilized as a great tools to do research to see if there are any subreddits for your brand to be part of.
- LinkedIn has about 294 million monthly active users. Now more than ever, LinkedIn is more than just a resume and job search site. It has evolved into a professional social media site, perfect to share your brand with industry experts, network with one another, and build personal image.
- Snapchat has about 255 million monthly active users. Although the growth of this app was hindered with the rise of Instagram and Facebook Stories, it is still a good way to share photos and short videos from your brand.
- Pinterest has about 250 million monthly active users. Pinterest is a place to go to when they are in need of ideas, or looking to discover something inspiring. There’s no engagement, commenting, or sharing. It is simply searching for new things which gives your brand a unique opportunity to stand.
So which site will it be?
It is important to remember that your brand’s goal is what should matter the most, and should be suitable with the social media sites you pick. With that being said, larger social media, such as Facebook, will cover a wide range of interests, topics, and audiences.
Thank you for reading!