Hashtags Galore – Instagram hashtags
Hashtags Galore / Instagram hashtags
Hashtags can play a really important role on Instagram, especially when trying to grow your following and engagement.
But how much is too much?
It can be easy to get carried away when using hashtags. For example, adding #instagood to every post probably isn’t the best way to reach more people.
Remember, your goal should always be reaching the right people for your business, products, and services.
We’ve compiled a list of tips to help you optimize your Instagram hashtags:
- Check the Analytics. Looking at the performance of the hashtags you use can help you determine what is working for you and what to leave out in the future.
- Aim For the “Top” Results. Getting to the top posts for a hashtag is a great way to be discovered by new users. This usually happens when the post has a good amount of engagement and at a significantly rapid pace.
- Create Your Brand Hashtag. You can now add a clickable hashtag to your bio that is personalized to your brand, making it easier to build more engagement. This becomes a great way to get followers to use the hashtag, as well as to promote your Instagram and highlight your content.
- Hashtags Go in the First Comment. Posting hashtags in the first comment of your post will boost engagement while keeping the caption the star of the show.
- Hashtags Go on Instagram Stories. By adding hashtags to your stories you will be able to gain more audience and new followers.
- Avoid Using Banned Hashtags. Last but not least, avoid using hashtags that have been banned from Instagram posts, meaning either flagged or disabled for infringing on community guidelines. You can check out the list of banned Instagram hashtags here.